Plan your field trip to MOI Philly!
Museum of Illusions Philadelphia provides a unique experience for students giving them the opportunity to learn about vision, perception and science all while having loads of fun!
Advance notice is required as visits are planned according to bookings and other museum activities.
For additional information or to book your time please contact us at email@example.com
Field Trip FAQ
What grade level(s) do you recommend for school field trips?
We typically book field trips for grades 3 and up. We find that older students better understand the concept of optical illusions and generally get more out of their experience.
What is the cost and do you offer discounts?
Elementary students (5-12) are $18.00 and High School students (13+) are $23.00. We offer an 15% discount for groups of 15+ and a 25% discount for groups of 25+. If your school qualifies for Title 1 funding we can offer additional discounts for field trips taking place on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Can we bring adult chaperones and how many do you suggest?
Chaperones are required. For elementary students we suggest 1 chaperone for every 5-10 students and for high school students we suggest 1 chaperone for every 10-15 students. Chaperones are free of charge as long as the number of chaperones does not overly exceed the suggested ratio.
How many students can we bring?
We are a small museum and can typically accommodate about 45 guests per half hour. For larger school groups, we suggest staggering your visit in waves every half hour. Another option is to break your group in half and rotate between the Museum of Illusions and another nearby museum or attraction.
How long will it take to experience the museum?
Most groups can experience the entire museum and all our exhibits in about an hour.
Are field trips self-guided?
Yes, all field trips are currently self-guided. Staff is ready and available to help answer questions, explain illusions, and help with taking photos.
Do you have a place for students to eat or purchase lunch?
Unfortunately, we do not have a dedicated space for lunch and we do not have food for purchase. We recommend The Bourse Food Hall or picnicking at Independence National Historical Park.
Do you have a gift shop?
Yes. We have a large selection of brain-teasing puzzles and dilemma games. We also have Museum of Illusions branded clothing and small items like bendy pencils, keychains, and magnets.
Where can we find information about buses?
This link has helpful information: https://www.discoverphl.com/travel-trade/transportation-and-bus-parking/
Field Trip Booking/Payment Policy and Procedures
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a field trip. Please include the number of students, grade level, number of chaperones, and preferred visit date and arrival time. We will confirm details with you and send you an invoice.
- Purchase orders are an acceptable method of payment. The P.O. must be received 7 days prior to the scheduled visit. They will not be accepted the day of the visit.
- Final headcount and full payment is due 7 days prior to your visit. If final headcount decreases within 7 days of your visit, refunds cannot be given.
- Group bookings within 7 days of a visit are required to pay in full by credit card upon making the reservation.
- Failure to make payment may result in the cancellation of your group’s reservation.